I was getting below error while accessing MySQL Databases from cPanel though MySQL service was running on server –
The MySQL server is currently offline.
Mysql::initcache() failed: The mysql server is offline.
WHM >>Restart Services >> SQL Server (MySQL) >> Are you sure you wish to restart this service? >> Yes
service mysql restart
2. Reset MySQL root password – ( It’s stored in ‘/root/.my.cnf’, which cPanel updates when you change the password.)
1. Stop the MySQL running on server – service mysql stop
2. Start the MySQL without password – mysqld_safe –skip-grant-tables &
3. Connect to MySQL server as the root user – mysql -u root
4. Now reset new password for MySQL’s root user –
mysql> use mysql;
mysql> update user set password=PASSWORD(“New_Root_-Password”) where User=”root”;
mysql> flush privileges;
Let me know if you’ve any thoughts.